Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Deschooling


A common term in the "unschooling" world is deschooling. Deschooling is a process by which one begins to let go and discover who they are. (There is probably a better definition, but this is the one I came up with right now.) Alot of emotions can come up at this time. For me, every year when the public school behind our house starts school in August, I get a little sad. It makes no logical sense. I wouldn't trade what we are doing for anything. But, I still feel it at the start of every school year. Enough said.

A funny thing just happened while I was writing this post. A friend called. She is already irritated with the whole school thing. They have been in school two whole days. Everything was quickly put back into perspective for me. Isn't life funny that way? On top of that, our family had so much fun playing together at the park today. We couldn't have had that special time if they were in school. Life is grand...

1 comment:

  1. Life is grand! I'm sorry you feel a little sad, but think of the bond you have with your kids! That is PRICELESS!!!

    ReplyDelete